NEWS, EVENTS, ARTICLES
Click on the "View FULL Calendar" to view the Google Calendar page.
Be sure to send us information about your club activities and get them posted on the Event Calendar.
Go to the Contact Us page and send us details of your event.
Pacific Soaring Council, Inc. is a non-profit volunteer organization serving glider pilots in Northern California & Nevada.
For only $25 per year you can support your soaring community..
Join Today! Read more...
We want to hear from you
- Questions or Comments?
- News or Club Event to post?
- ... Let Us Know
Visit our CONTACT US page.
PASCO News, Events and Presentation Links
Click on link to view the News / Event page listed:
- 2017 PASCO Seminar and Banquet Recap
- 2017-11 PASCO Annual Safety Seminar, Banquet, and Birthday - November 4, 2017
- If you missed it, it was a great seminar and well attended. See you next year. You can read the presentations and see the Report pages links above.
- 2017-09 Air Sailing Annual Banquet - September 23, 2017
- 2017-07 Region 11 FAI Contest at Soar Truckee - Sixth Annual Contest. Join Us.
- 2017-07 Truckee Air Show - KTRK - You missed it. Watch the KTRK website for information
- 2017-06 Oregon Air National Guard MOA area changes and Soaring Agreement
- PASCO coordinated with the Oregon Air National Guard and the local soaring sites regarding changes being made to Military Operations Areas in Northern California, Nevada, and Oregon. Please read the agreement that states we will notify the OANG prior to flying in those MOA's listed.
- 2017-06 Soaring Icons, Carl and Jane Herold, to be Honored: Soaring Community of Northern Nevada/ Northern California will honor two of our own who have passed from our presence all too soon. The ceremony took place at Air Sailing Gliderport (NV23) north of Reno/Sparks, Nevada in the Memorial Grove where we honor past Icons permanently in Granite. Carl and Jane Herold both passed from us in 2016 within months of each other.
- 2017-06 Truckee Tahoe Airport Has a Seasonal Control Tower
- 2017-05 Air Sailing is OPEN - see our list of upcoming events and plan on attending.
- 2017-04 Crazy Creek Air Adventures has closed. Jim and Connie Indrebo have retired after 48 years in the glider business. www.CrazyCreekAirAdventures.com
- 2017-02 Air Sailing Gliderport Closed Due to Flooding. Due to water damage to the dirt runways and access road, Air Sailing Gliderport is closed until further notice. We'll be assessing the damage and making plans to reopen as soon as possible, and will keep the Air Sailing community informed as conditions change.
- 2017-01 FAA Proposed Changes to SFO Class B Airspace. The FAA is proposing major changes to the SFO Class B airspace. If these changes go through, they will probably take effect in 2018 when the SFO maps are published. The FAA had 3 meetings in the SFO bay area. Pacific Soaring Council, Inc. (PASCO) represented the soaring community at all 3 meetings to voice our concerns that the new airspace will have a detrimental impact on local glider soaring operations. Presentation and comment forms were submitted to the FAA by PASCO Board Members. The new class B restrictions will put 2 waypoints inside of Class B, and put the Class B area very close to several other waypoints frequently used by glider operations at Byron and Holister Airports.
- 2016-12 FAA Withdraws Transponder Requirement for Gliders, Effective: 12-23-2016. The FAA is withdrawing a previously published advance notice of proposed rulemaking that sought public comment from interested persons involving glider operations in the National Airspace System.
- 2016-11 PASCO Annual Banquet & Meeting November 12, 2016.
Held at the beautiful Sequoyah Country Club. Our speaker was John Fisher, who traveled from the Federal Aviation Administration is Washington DC to speak update our group on the "INs and OUTs of ADS-B". ADS-B is coming to aviation to you in 2020.
- 2016-09 Announcement: Signup for the PASCO Annual Banquet & Meeting. Our meeting is planned for Saturday, November 12, 2016 at the Sequoyah Country Club.
- 2016-05 TTSA Truckee Tahoe Soaring Association Cross Country Offers
- Special Cross Country Offers started in 2015 season and continuing each season.
- 2016-05 Truckee (TTSA) Opening Date May 27
- 2016-04 FAA The ins and outs of ADS-B updated 2016-11-12 by FAA John Fisher
- Updated Nov. 12, 2016 with latest presentation made at Pacific Soaring Council Annual Banquet. Old presentation was v2016-04-24 presented at the SoaringNV Wave Clinic in Minden, NV, and has been replaced with the updated document.
- 2016-03 Minden Standard Courses- Bob Semans
- 17 Soaring Tasks that you can fly from Minden, NV
- 2016-01 Minden Soaring Club Youth Scholarship
- Deadline for 2016 application process is