Truckee Tahoe Airport Tower Information - June 1, 2017
SEASONAL CONTROL TOWER IN OPERATION
JUNE 1 THROUGH SEPTEMBER 15, 2017, 7 AM - 9 PM DAILY
TOWER-CTAF: 120.575 MHZ
GROUND CONTROL: 118.3 MHZ
AWOS: 118.0 MHZ
UNICOM-FBO: 122.8 MHZ
The main purpose of the temporary tower will be to provide a safe aviation
environment at KTRK. We expect the tower to also shorten transit times over the
region and reduce neighborhood overflights and annoyance. The tower does not
allow for larger aircraft to use KTRK. Following is important information for the tower:
- The tower will operate seven days a week from 7 am - 9 pm starting 6/01/17.
- The tower operator, Mid West ATC, will employ six FAA ATC certified staff.
- Tower services and Class E influence will extend from the surface to 2,500' AGL
within a 4.2 mile radius of the airport. If the program is continued, KTRK will have
Class D designated airspace in summer 2018.
- Important radio frequencies in effect:
- 118.0 Mhz - AWOS “Automated Weather Observation System”
- 120.575 Mhz - TOWER/CTAF “Common Traffic Advisory Frequency”
- 118.3 Mhz - Ground Control
- 122.8 Mhz - UNICOM/FBO “Universal Communications/Fixed Based Operator” (used for FBO communications i.e., ramp parking, aircraft services)
Airport Website: TruckeeTahoeAirport.COM
Read the notice: Truckee Tahoe Airport Tower Information - PDF Document.
Information on Class D Airspace Radio Procedures:
Radio Coummunications in Class D Airspace, by Russell Still, Master CFI - PDF Document.