Pacific Soaring Council, Inc.
News, Events, & Notices are initially posted on the 'Home' page, then archived in the News & Events section.
Pacific Soaring Council, Inc. is a non-profit volunteer organization serving glider pilots in Northern California & Nevada.
Support your soaring community - join today.
Annual Dues are only $25.
Get the latest about local events, pilots activities, soaring news, and soaring weather alerts!
See the List, join PASCO's Email News and the news group in your soaring area, or join them all!
OLC Posts & Sawyer Award
Post your flights on the OLC and
you automatically join the Region 11 Sawyer contest. Read more on the PASCO Sawyer Award page.
PASCO Egg Capture Trophy
The Egg is STILL at Avenal, CA
as of: Sept. 1, 2017
PASCO Egg - Report Your Flight
Donations gratefully accepted
Pacific Soaring Council, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) so donations are tax deductible.
Not a Member yet?
Support your local soaring community: Membership Information
Questions, Comments? CONTACT US
We want to hear from you
- Questions or Comments?
- News or Club Event to post?
- ... Let Us Know
Visit our CONTACT US page.
Soaring Community News
Soaring Society of America (SSA) Region 11
- - - -
50th Annual PASCO Safety Seminar and Banquet
This event is open to everyone, membership NOT required.
November 4, 2017 - Saturday
NEW LOCATION (name sounds the same as previous, it is a NEW place)
- Safety Seminar $10:00 : 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
(Registration 9:00 am)
- Social Hour - No Hosts Bar : 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm
- Awards Banquet $35.00 : 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
(Registration 5:30 pm)
Sequoia Yacht Club
4431 Seaport Ct.
Redwood City, CA
Driving Directions: [Google Map]
Take US 101 to Redwood City and exit east onto Seaport Boulevard. Continue east past Cheasapeake until you see the municipal marina on your left. Turn left at Seaport Court. Our clubhouse is the first building on your left.
Look for the large anchor out in front.
- Click above link to register
- Seminar $10.00
- Awards Dinner $35.00
- 09:00 – 09:30 Registration
- 09:30 – 12:00 Speaker program
- Dan Colton – My Crash On the Whites
- Key Dismukes – What’s Age Got to do With It
- Thomas Johnson - Soaring Safety Foundation
- 12:00 – 13:00 Catered lunch
- 13:00 – 14:00 PASCO Topics
- PASCO business/financial presentation and discuss PASCO’s future
- 14:00 – 16:30 Speaker program continues
- Kempton Izuno – Weather: Soaring goals and forecasting
- John Cochrane – MacCready flying from Kindergarten to PhD
- FBO Updates and Initiatives (Williams, Soaring NV, TTSA)
- 16:30 – 17:30 Social hour (cash bar)
- 18:00 – 19:00 Catered dinner buffet (and PASCO 50th anniversary cake)
- 19:00 – 20:00 Keynote speakers Jim and Jackie Payne - Perlan Project Update
- 20:00 – 21:00 Ramy Yanetz - PASCO awards presentation
Banquet Dinner (Yes vegetarians / vegans, we thought about you too!)
Catered by 'Fuget About It'
It is our 50th Birthday, we were "born" in 1967.
Pacific Soaring Council, Inc., incorporated as a non-profit in California in March, 1967.
The original officers were:
- Carl D. Herold, President
- Peter W. Newgard, Sec-Treas
- Patrick E. Page, Editor
- Malcom A. Bagshaw
The corporation is to "To provide education, communication, and related activities
with others who have a common interest in soaring. "
Air Sailing Annual Banquet - September 23, 2017
Please Join Us for the Air Sailing Annual Banquet
[Download Flyer Information - PDF]
WHEN: Saturday, 23 Sept 2017, 6:00 PM – No Host Bar, 7:00 PM - Dinner
WHERE: Pinocchio’s Bar and Grill - 4820 Vista Blvd, Sparks
CONTACT/RVSP: Ty White, email@example.com , 510-504-2217
DRESS: CASUAL, FLY FIRST & Come Party
Total Costs: $30 per person (cash or check at the door)
Please join us to celebrate another great year of soaring at Air Sailing! Air Sailing would not exist without YOU dedicated members, donors and volunteers. This year we held a series of outstanding events including: Thermal Camp, XC Camp, Bishop Safari, Sports Class Contest, as well as towing our members for some great flights.
Banquet Events will include:
- Random drawing: for 3 GREAT door prizes (MUST ATTEND TO WIN)
- Air Sailing State of the Union: Recovery from the Great Floods of Winter 2017, Projects completed this year, and a look to the future: Continuing the vision to make our gliderport & operations even better… GIVE US YOUR INPUT!
- SPECIAL THANKS AND AWARDS: to individuals that went beyond the call of duty this year
DINNER BUFFET MENU
- Applewood-Smoked Tri Tip
- Bone-In Chicken
- Chicken Lasagna
- Meatballs & Peppers
- Tomato Basil Pasta
- No Host Bar
RSVP: PLEASE let us know that you are coming by September 15, 2017
PLEASE EMAIL Ty White, firstname.lastname@example.org, with number of guests/names
2017 FAA Proposed Changes to SFO Class B Airspace
Major Airspace Changes Impact Soaring Areas
Read More: FAA & PASCO Presentations, More Information & Larger Images
The FAA held 3 fact finding meetings in the SFO bay area. Pacific Soaring Council, Inc. (PASCO) represented the soaring community at all 3 meetings to voice our concerns that the new airspace will have a detrimental impact on local glider soaring operations. Presentation and comment forms were submitted to the FAA by PASCO Board Members. The new class B restrictions will put 2 waypoints inside of Class B, and put the Class B area very close to several other waypoints frequently used by glider operations at Byron and Holister Airports.